Vision: It is the endeavour of U Turn Foundation to empower its fellow citizens with viable means of education & livelihood which enables the creation of a society that sustains environmental responsibility.
Mission: To fulfill its vision, U Turn Foundation(UTF) mission is to build a team of empowered and responsible individuals who are equipped and willing to contribute to the life of their communities and to the environmental and social well-being of India.
Main Aims & Objectives of the Organisation
- To propagate the need for tree plantation / pollution control and environmental awareness.
- To work actively for the protection of environment and cultural heritage of India. To work for the protection of Himalayas, rain forests, coastal ecology, water, conservation of natural resources.
- To encourage all sections of society, particularly rural areas, through street plays, personal interviews and campaigns, to adopt environmental and wildlife protection, not only as hobby but also as routine matter of mutual survival.
- Provide computer scholarship to poor rural/village children for their overall development.
- To educate the people for adoption of the good norms of a good citizenship and to inculcate into the people’s mind, ideals of national unity.
- To prepare, publish, issue, acquire and circularize exhibits, films, slides, video tapes, gazetteers, or circulars and engage in similar other undertakings dealing with or having a bearing on the objectives of the Society.
U Turn Foundation’s motto is ‘many ideas One VISION’ which highlights the organisation’s focus to transform the world through many small ideas of excellence. Today the organisation has dedicated volunteers, who receive recognition for outstanding community service.
UTF is a collaborative effort that grew from the ‘freelance’ volunteer initiatives of the organisation’s founder, Hemant Nav Kumar. The desire to establish such an organisation was fueled by a need to have an institution that will be able to recruit and channel the energies of young adults towards positive development by addressing the educational, environmental and social challenges faced by Uttarakhand. UTF is making a positive impact in the communities where it has a presence be it in form of polythene ban in Dehradun or school infrastructure building in calamity hit parts of Uttarakhand.